Ontario Hunting, Ontario Deer Hunting, Ontario Bear Hunting, Ontario Duck Hunting
offered at our Hunting Lodge in the Rainy River District of Northwestern Ontario Canada.
We offer full service Ontario Hunting Trips as knowledgeable Ontario Outfitters and hunting guides.
Hunting, whether for Deer, Bear or Ducks, has been the main service that has always been provided at Harris Hill Resort since it was established.
The main reasons would be the large number and variety of wildlife in the area, low pressure hunting in this area, and the low population of inhabitants.
There are miles and miles of remote land and wilderness areas that we can access for Deer and Wolf hunting.
We have assigned areas for our Black Bear Hunts that cannot be hunted by anyone else either. Our Bear Management Area is one of the largest in NorthWestern Ontario.
We have an incredible opportunity for Waterfowl hunts here. Our Bay in front of the lodge has rice beds and reeds that provides shelter for the hunters and encourages an influx of Ducks and Geese. This is also a known migratory flight route for a variety of species of Ducks and Geese.
Black Bear Hunts were more popular than Whitetail Deer Hunts in former years. At that time there was spring and fall Black Bear Hunts in Ontario. Now we only can offer fall Black Bear Hunts.
Whitetail Deer Hunts are VERY POPULAR here now because of our managed and baited sites.
One of our Deer Sites with Trail Cam. Baited sites with heated tower stands for optimum hunting or wildlife viewing with photography opportunities.: Whitetail Deer & trophy Buck Hunts in the Rainy River District of Northwestern Ontario Canada
Whitetail Deer Hunts are very popular for both residents and non-resident Deer Hunters. It is amazing to see the number and quality of Trophy Bucks that come out of this area every year.
Timber Wolf Hunts are also becoming popular as they are not offered by every camp. They are offered here at Harris Hill Resort.
- Minimum Age for hunting is 16.
- *You MUST have a current or old hunting license, from your State or Province (or previous hunt license from Ontario), with you to obtain an Ontario Hunting License, or else you need a bona fide "Hunter's Safety Certificate".
- Plugs are mandatory for shotguns for Big Game.
- Steel shot is required for waterfowl ( ducks, geese on water ). Not required for Geese on land.
- All firearms, including bows, must be cased while being transported from camp to hunting areas ½ hour before sunrise and ½ hour after sunset. This could be a "soft sided" case or a "stocking" case or a "hard" case.
- Blaze orange vest or jacket or coat and cap or hat are required for Big Game Hunts for Black Bear, Rifle Season Whitetail Deer, Wolf Hunts during other "big Game" hunting season, and also for Grouse hunting. They cannot have camouflage on them.
- Dogs: vaccinations and papers are required for border crossing. Portable Kennels are required. Dogs may not be left in camp unattended.
- No handguns or restricted firearms are permitted in Canada
- All firearms must be registered at the Canadian Border when coming to Canada. There is a $25 charge to register your firearms.
- Archery Equipment does not have to be registered to come across the Border, however they have to be mentioned.
* Acceptable Hunter Accreditation
A) A Hunting License issued to him/her after Jan 1 1968 under Ontario Regulation 665/98 or a predecessor of it;
B) A Hunting License issued to him/her after Jan 1 1968 by a competent authority in any jurisdiction in which he/she was a resident at the time, if that hunting licence permits the use of a gun;
C) A report issued to him/her after Jan 1 1968 by an examiner under Ontario Regulation 665/98 or a predecessor of it;
D) A Hunting Licence Verification Certificate issued by the Ministry verifying the existence of a previously issued licence; OR
E) A Certificate issued to him/her after Jan 1 1968 by a competent authority in any jurisdiction which indicates that the holder was or is authorized to purchase a hunting licence in that jurisdiction, that permits the use of a gun.
HUNTING SEASONS & REGULATIONS: Please view these government links for details.
Please read each specific hunting section pertaining to your hunt on our website for more detailed info.
Please check the “visitor” section on our web site for useful info on coming to Canada, such as calling Immigration to make sure you are able to come into Canada (no criminal records or Drinking & Driving Offences).
At this time, as much as we are aware or made known: …
You are not allowed to bring potatoes, live minnows, leeches, worms/night crawlers in soil, or pet food through the USA into Canada.
You are not allowed to bring citrus fruit like oranges into the USA from Canada.
To request more information or to book your holiday or vacation adventure:
please phone us at 1 - 807- 488-1116
or click on "contact us" to e-mail us from our web site
We offer quality service, great hospitality, affordable rates, comfortable accommodations and a relaxing atmosphere
Ontario Hunting | Ontario Hunting Lodge | Ontario Hunting Vacation
Ontario Whitetail Deer Hunting | Ontario Deer Hunting | Ontario Bear Hunting
Ontario Black Bear Hunting | Ontario Waterfowl Hunting | Ontario Timber Wolf Hunting