Bird Hunting - Grouse Hunt - Hunting Grouse - Bird Hunts - Ruffed Grouse - Partridge - Sharptail Grouse - Grouse Hunting Ontario
Bird Hunting or Grouse Hunts for Ruffed Grouse, Partridge, Sharptail Grouse and Spruce Grouse are popular and favorable sport here in Northwestern Ontario as it is a fall experience. Hunting Grouse in the Rainy River district is not only a successful and exhilerating Bird Hunt, but the fall colors of the leaves and trees and vegetation is spectacular. Nothing like a walk through the woods enjoying a sunny afternoon that the Grouse like as much as we do.
You can often see Grouse sunning themselves on a log or on the side of the road, so watch while you're driving as they're often right on the road too! The diversity of the hunting trails and bird hunting areas makes Grouse Hunting in Ontario a great experience at our hunting lodge!
Whether Sharptail known as Prairie Chicken, Ruffed Grouse known as Partridge or Spruce Grouse these upland game birds are plentiful here in hunting season.
Although we do not offer a separate Grouse Hunting Package at this time, Grouse Hunting is often enjoyed with DUCK HUNTING, BEAR HUNTING or a fall FISHING expedition. We know where to find them and will gladly give you some grouse hunting tips, show you where to go on a map, or take you there.
You may also enjoy some fishing and GOLFING as part of your hunting holiday.
FIREARMS AND AMMUNITION
- You may bring hunting rifles or shotguns into Ontario for hunting or competition purposes if you are 18 years of age or older.
- Plus 200 rounds of ammunition for hunting or 1,500 rounds for use at a recognized shooting competition.
- Firearms must be registered for a fee of $25.00 CDN (for all firearms).
- Archery equipment may be brought across the border at no charge. You do not have to register them, however, you do have to mention that you are bringing them across.
- All fully automatic weapons and handguns are prohibited.
- Contact: 1-800-731-4000 or (705) 329-7662 or visit the Canadian Firearms Centre at http://www.cfc-cafc.gc.ca/info_for-renseignement/non-residents/default_e.asp.
- The printable non-resident firearm declaration form is available at http://www.cfc-cafc.gc.ca/online-en_ligne/form-assistance/indiv_forms/909_e.asp. Here you can view it and print it off, and have it completed before you get to the border..
- The Non-Resident Firearms Declaration (Form CAFC 909 EF), and its continuation sheet (Form CAFC 910 EF) must be presented in triplicate, unsigned, to a customs officer at your first point of entry into Canada.
(Don't sign it until you are at the Canadian border)
To request more information or to book your Grouse hunting vacation:
please phone us at 1 - 855- 488-1116
or click on "contact us" to e-mail us from our web site
At Harris Hill Resort we offer quality service, great hospitality, affordable rates, comfortable accommodations and a relaxing atmosphere